Same Day Dental
Our dental teams provide great dental care at convenient hours and affordable prices. We know dental emergencies can be extremely painful, and we are here to help. We strive to provide excellent dental care, our patients’ health and comfort are our priorities.
Be Passionate. Learn and grow. Be awesome. Be a team player.
Interested in joining our team?
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated Expanded Functions Dental Assistant to join our team in Indianapolis, IN. You must demonstrate responsibility and compassion for our patients and act as an ambassador to assist with their dental needs.
The Dental Assistant is responsible for providing treatment to patients primarily in an emergent care setting. You will work to assist the Dentist, coordinate and work with other Dental Assistants to ensure an efficient office flow, and work with our front office staff to ensure the patients’ needs are being met and are providing everyone a reason to smile! We are looking for a positive, professional, and responsible individual who takes initiative. This individual is a team player and brings their best to our office to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
- Warm and welcoming invitation of patients into the triage area
- Capture and assessment of patient vitals, including heart rate, blood pressure, and blood-oxygen saturation
- Entry and maintenance of electronic patient records, including medical history and proposed treatment
- Effective exposure of prescribed digital radiographs, based on patient indication of trouble area
- Capability of maintaining rapport with multiple patients at once during times of high demand
- Preparation of appropriate instrumentation, equipment, and materials for each procedure
- Sterilization of dental instrumentation according to regulations and practice standards
- Perform efficient and accurate procedures to maintain the schedule and patient flow
- Take direction from the doctor(s) and/or hygienist(s), assist them with all dental procedures, anticipate their needs, and perform patient oral evaluations
- Maintenance of dental equipment and facility according to manufacturer and practice standards
- Successful completion of internal training programs
- Educating and developing patient relationships
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven experience as Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Active Indiana Dental Radiographer License
- Knowledge of dental instrumentation and sterilization methods
- Understanding of health and safety regulations
- Capability of comforting and empathizing with patients in need
- Aptitude with digital radiography and electronic health records
- Customer Service Skills – must be able to provide excellent patient service to ensure their dental needs are being met.
- Multi-Tasker – ability to prioritize and address multiple demands concurrently.
- Communication – must be able to communicate effectively with the clinical team, patient, responsible parties and other staff as necessary.
- Team Mindset – ability to work within a team for the good of the patient.
- Positive Problem Solver – ability to think on your feet and find solutions to a variety of unique issues.
- Reliability and responsibility as it relates to attendance and job performance.
- Demonstration of pride in one's work and the services provided to patients.
- Openness to continuous improvement of process and patient service experience.
Internal ID: RDA200