Community Dental Partners
Job Description: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Hybrid Work Schedule: 70% remote 30% onsite
COMMUNITY DENTAL PARTNERS’ (CDP) OVERVIEW:
We are revolutionizing dental care by building value-based, innovative solutions to create an amazing patient, staff, and doctor experience in underserved markets. Starting in 2010, CDP now supports more than 70 dental practices that serve more than approximately 500,000 patient visits each year. The Accounts Payable Supervisor will play a critical role in helping the accounting department in the month-end close process, adherence to company policies and guidelines as well as supervising a team of specialists to ensure accurate posting of monthly expenses.
- Maintains systems, procedures, and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers
- Participates in monthly close activities and performs month-end reconciliation of Accounts Payable reports to general ledger balances in collaboration with other members of the accounting team.
- Direct supervisor to up to 7 accounts payable specialist team members.
- Evaluate staffing needs and communicate that to senior management.
- Researches discrepancies in financial information and/or documentation for ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Aids staff by responding to questions/concerns, collaborating to develop and implement process improvements for invoices and payments, and enforcing policies and controls for expenditures.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors and communicates with vendors and contractors to resolve issues
- Evaluates new vendors in relation to IRS 1099 tax reporting requirements and ensure receipt of the necessary documentation to accurately set up each vendor in the accounting system
- Monitors Capex/Opex spend and ensures it is documented on the weekly cash forecast sheet.
- Weekly meetings with the accounting leadership team to discuss any questions or concerns needed to be addressed by the department.
- ● Minimum of 3-5 years working in Accounts Payable environment
- ● Minimum of 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- ● Experience with Microsoft Office Excel and Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Calendar, etc)
- ● Experience working with Sage Intacct software a plus
- ● Time management skills and reliability in the workplace
- ● Excellent email etiquette and communication skills
The successful candidate will be a fit for the CDP Culture, which is embodied in the company’s value system, known as the NINE PILLARS™. These pillars serve as the company’s overarching code of conduct as well as the criteria upon which job performance is evaluated. The pillars are:
- ● Humility: You are not always right, and you openly accept this and are willing to graciously receive feedback, letting go of the past and being open to change. You are teachable and hungry to improve.
- ● Personal Honesty & Responsibility: You avoid making excuses, rationalizing, or minimizing your mistakes and shortcomings. You refrain from blaming others. You understand what is and is not within your control, meaning you take full ownership of what is in your control and you let go of what is out of your control.
- ● Gratitude: You love feedback so much that you thank anyone who is willing to give it to you, especially when it points out ways you can improve. You are grateful for work and for coworkers who are different from and complementary to you. You focus on what you do have, not what you don’t.
- ● Team Loyalty and Respect: You do not gossip, but rather engage in CDP’s proprietary STRATE Talk™ system to show respect, loyalty, and compassion to your coworkers. You would never think of deflecting blame to others by saying: “That’s not my job.” You strive for alignment and unity with your team.
- ● Individual Compassion: You do not judge others, preferring to assume they have weaknesses that they are working on just like you. You make it a priority to get to know those around you and, once you learn their needs, fears, and emotions, you genuinely desire to help them.
- ● Development and Learning: You focus on improving yourself, recognizing that it is a life-long process, not a one-time event. You put in the effort to shed past perspectives to allow yourself to grow to the next level.
- ● Relationships and Customer Service: You are in the relationship business, not finance or dentistry. You value others and strive to make their days better because they interacted with you. You avoid unnecessary criticism, preferring to have a positive attitude.
- ● Health and Balance: You manage your personal and professional life in such a way that you are 100% present.
- ● Happiness and Fun: Happiness is an inside job, meaning you are exclusively in charge of choosing to be happy and have fun. You are comfortable being yourself and you encourage others to do the same.