Ortho Traveling Assistant/Substitute Assistant
Days required for work: Ortho Traveling Assistant provides support to all our ortho offices, the job requires a candidate with the ability to travel in a last-minute call.
Location: Travel 90% of the time (home office to evaluate based on the employee's residency).
(Dallas, Killeen, Waco, Bryan, and Austin Areas)
Compensation: $16.00-$22.00/hour depending on experience, travel compensation as needed.
Reports to: Ortho Traveling Assistant will report to Diana Gill the OATM, Office Managers, and Training Director and Training Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The ability to work with appliances such as Quad Helix, Lower E-Arch, Herbst, TADs, Carriere, and other appliances
- Must have knowledge in making and trimming models and making Essix Retainers
- Proper X-rays (Ceph, Pano’s), as well as diagnostic photos
- Experience with Twin, Damon, and Invisalign
- Bonding procedure (Isolate, pumice, Etching/Primer, seat brackets/bond attachments)
- Archwire change (remove, replace wire, o ties, steel ties, or power chain)
- Alginate impressions, pour, and trim models.
- Invisalign impressions/scan
- Seat bands, deliver appliances and remove them
- Debond, remove braces, polish teeth, impressions for Essix retainer, final records
- Bond fixed retainers
- Must be able to complete sterilization of tools, set up trays, cleaning stations
- Promote an atmosphere supportive of good dental and general health by demonstrating good oral hygiene, questioning patients to ascertain home care status, and instructing patients in techniques of flossing and brushing in accordance with protocol.
- Maintain a sterile and neat working environment according to current infection control procedures.
- The ability to greet the patient, sit with the patient ask questions to be able to communicate with the doctor about the patient’s needs
- Open the treatment card, let the doctor know about today's treatment plan
- Be able to enter notes in the system while the doctor is checking the patient
- Update the Doctor’s working status using software according to SOPs
- Explain treatment recommendations to the patient as well as calm and reassure the patient during the procedures as needed
- Assist the doctor during treatment
- Coordinate for additional assistance or materials during treatment
- Complete all the authorization forms
- Ensure team and patient satisfaction
- Delivery of quality dental care to patients.
- Resolve patient issues in accordance with company policies and procedures, healthcare regulations, and dental board standards.
- Assist in managing specialist referral processes
- Communicate with the ortho manager and lead assistant regularly to ensure they have the information, tools, and support needed to perform the job effectively and successfully
- Follow office policies and regulations.
- Maintain patient data and records according to regulations and company policies, as well as HIPAA.
- Increase and stimulate new patient growth by supporting sales, marketing, and promotional programs.
- Complete administrative tasks audit charts.
- Maintain facilities and equipment cleanliness and safety with all state and federal regulations, including OSHA.
- Team player
- Adapt to different atmospheres
- Critical thinking
- Decision making, prioritization, team building, customer service, achieving outcomes under pressure while balancing effective patient management, corporate initiatives, and established business objectives
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates the highest professional and ethical standards to gain and maintain credibility
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of technical information
- Ability to motivate others on a team and help them succeed
- Multitasking skills and the ability to tend to multiple problems at a time
- Strong knowledge of company policy, goals, and standards
- Strong customer service skills in the areas of handling disputes and treating patients with care
- HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Register Dental Assistant (RDA), this is a plus Certified Orthodontic Assistant (COA)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Two (2) years of orthodontic clinical work experience
- Clinical experience with digital custom workflows used in orthodontics
- Bilingual preferred
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Our Company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
INTERNAL ID: CDP100