Traveling Sterilization Technician
Reports to: Practice Manager, Regional Manager
Key Partnerships: Operations, Clinical, Support Center
Status: Full time
About this Role: The Sterilization Technician is a key member of the dental office, where the primary duty will be functioning as a Sterilization Technician. The ST will work with dentist and dental assistants to ensure instruments used for procedures are clean, sterilized, and prepare instruments for use. The ST must be able to take direction and follow through on all assignments. The goal is optimizing flow so patients are provided high quality care.
• Perform all duties with excellence and in accordance with the Dental office.
• Properly sterilize all dental instruments and equipment in accordance with policy.
• Perform all opening, closing and maintenance procedures as described in sterilization and maintenance policies, as well as other duties as delegated by Lead RDA.
• Perform all maintenance procedures and logs in a thorough manner
• Restock and maintain an inventory of dental supplies and instruments to assure a constant level is always available. Communicate to the Lead RDA, any supplies that need replenishing or replacement.
• Maintain order and cleanliness in the dental lab and in the sterilization area.
• Perform weekly spore testing and maintain a log of the results.
• Perform weekly and monthly maintenance of Autoclave.
• Maintain proper pre-set trays and ensure they are ready for anticipated procedures.
• Proactively review notes in patients' charts to set-up for the planned treatment. Gather and ready all necessary materials and instruments needed for treatment. • Assist clinical staff in optimizing patient flow. This will include restocking items, seating patients, and supporting other dental team members with patient care.
• Prepare operatory for following patients.
• Check patient's vital signs. (blood pressure, etc.) in accordance with department policies.
• Maintains a clean work area
• Work well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines.
• Must maintain compliance with safety standards
• Other duties assigned by Practice Manager, Lead RDA or Dentist.
• High school graduate or (GED)
• Demonstrate knowledge of dental health education subjects
• Knowledge of Dentrix; Eaglesoft or similar software often required
• Must have current CPR certification (Preferred)
Key Skills and Abilities, Characteristics of a good fit:
• Regular and on-time attendance
• From time to time, you will be required to work outside of normal working hours.
• You may have to travel between 2 locations
• Participate in staff meetings
• Legible handwriting for notations
• Ability to complete forms in an orderly and accurate fashion
• Effective verbal skills to communicate with patients and staff
• Bedside manner and patient services
• Communication skills
• Problem analysis and problem solving skills
•Customer service orientation
Schedule and Location:
Locations - Gloss Rosharon and Gloss City Park
Community Dental Partners is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.