Insurance Verification Specialist
Reports to: Practice Manager, Regional Manager
Key Partnerships: Practice, Operations, Support Center
Department: Front office
Salary: $13-16/hr (based on experience)
About this role: The processor is primarily responsible for making sure patients have proper insurance coverage for the services provided by the office. The Processor reviews patient/treatment paperwork for accuracy, scans the paperwork into the Practice system, answers the phone and confirms patient appointments. This position also provides backup to the Greeters.
Requirements: 1 year of Dental Experience REQUIRED
- Greets patients upon arrival according to scripts and established guidelines
- Scan all paperwork into the system using the appropriate naming conventions and ensure all paperwork is in the proper folder in the system.
- Receive paperwork and insurance information from the Greeter, is responsible for a secondary check for accuracy before scanning in the system.
- Obtain history and coverage as needed.
- Handle routine questions over the phone concerning appointments, policies, insurance, and treatments. Update the notes in the system to reflect any changes made.
- Back up the Greeter when they are not at the station or are performing a trust walk.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Schedule and Location:
Location - Family Smiles of Commerce
CDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Community Dental Partners is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.