Insurance Verification Specialist
Reports to: Practice Manager, Regional Manager
Key Partnerships: Practice, Operations, Support Center
Department: Front office
Salary: $12-13/hr (based on experience)
About this role: The processor is primarily responsible for making sure patients have proper insurance coverage for the services provided by the office. The Processor reviews patient/treatment paperwork for accuracy, scans the paperwork into the Practice system,
answers the phone and confirms patient appointments. This position also provides backup to the Greeters.
- Greets patients upon arrival according to scripts and established guidelines
- Scan all paperwork into the system using the appropriate naming conventions and ensure all paperwork is in the proper folder in the system.
- Receive paperwork and insurance information from the Greeter, is responsible for a secondary check for accuracy before scanning in the system.
- Obtain history and coverage as needed.
- Handle routine questions over the phone concerning appointments, policies, insurance, and treatments. Update the notes in the system to reflect any changes made.
- Back up the Greeter when they are not at the station or are performing a trust walk.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bilingual (Fluent in English/Spanish)
- A professional and friendly demeanor
- Able to work in fast- paced environment
- Work as a team player
Key Skills and Abilities, Characteristics of a good fit:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, self-starter, and demonstrates initiative
- Flexible and innovative; highly adaptable to dynamic business environment
- High engagement; supportive of leadership and role model for company values and guiding behaviors
- Strong demonstration of task completion and dedication to detail
- Team Player and great interpersonal skills
- Prompt and timely with work schedule
- Amazing customer service skills, great at building relationships with new people
- Flexible Schedule (Able to work long hours/willing to stay late if needed)
- Health Insurance (PPO/HSA)
- Vision Insurance
- Internal Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance (STD/LTD)
- Life Insurance
- CPR certification
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Company provided online learning courses
Schedule and Location:
One Location- Family Smiles of Ennis
CDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Community Dental Partners is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
INTERNAL ID: CDP100