Front Office Insurance Verification Specialist
Reports to: Practice Manager, Regional Manager
Key Partnerships: Practice, Operations, Support Center
Department: Front office
About this role: Review paperwork for accuracy, scan paperwork into the system, answer the phone, and confirm patient appointments.
- Primary person who will build the patient or family file in the system and enter all the personal data accurately.
- Scan all paperwork into the system using the appropriate naming conventions and ensure all paperwork is in the proper folder in the system.
- Receive paperwork and insurance information from the Greeter, is responsible for a secondary check for accuracy before scanning in the system.
- Obtain history and coverage as needed.
- Primary person to answer the phone; understands what they are allowed to handle and escalates issues to the appropriate person.
- Handle routine questions over the phone concerning appointments, policies, insurance, and treatments. Update the notes in the system to reflect any changes made.
- Review the schedule in advance to ensure appointments and patients are due before confirming them.
- Confirm patients the day before and the day of the appointment. Can reappoint examination appointments, refer other appointments to the proper person for reappointment if necessary.
- Work the missed appointments list and reappoints patient according to established SOPs.
- Assist the Greeter to maintain adequate stock of front desk forms at all times.
- Performs Trust-Walks when other personnel is busy.
- Back up the Greeter when they are not at the station or are performing a trust walk.
- Bilingual (Fluent in English/Spanish)
- A professional and friendly demeanor
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work as a team player
Key Skills and Abilities, Characteristics of a good fit:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, self-starter, and demonstrate initiative
- Flexible and innovative; highly adaptable to the dynamic business environment
- High engagement; supportive of leadership and role model for company values and guiding behaviors
- Strong demonstration of task completion and dedication to detail
- Team Player and great interpersonal skills
- Prompt and timely with work schedule
- Amazing customer service skills, great at building relationships with new people
- Flexible Schedule (Able to work long hours/willing to stay late if needed)
- Health Insurance (PPO/HSA)
- Vision Insurance
- Internal Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance (STD/LTD)
- Life Insurance
- CPR certification
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Company provided online learning courses
Schedule and Location:
One Location- Family Smiles of Plano
CDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Community Dental Partners is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.