Position Title: Tier-2 Support Technician
Must be able to travel at least 25-30% as needed
Work Hours: Full Time: M-F, 8 am-5 pm
Tier-2 Support Technician will be responsible for providing front-line IT end-user support according to CDP standards. This position requires the ability to troubleshoot complex issues, respond to end-user inquiries, and handle systems administration tasks effectively using all available communication options. Primary escalation point for Tier 1 Technicians. Emphasis on an amazing customer experience is an absolute must.
• Administration and documentation of business systems/solutions
• Actively Identify issues and suggest operational improvements
• Resolve complex issues requiring detailed systems and applications knowledge
• Ability to perform network performance issues which may include working with firewalls, switches, modems, and other devices
• Provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced personnel to increase their technical knowledge and customer service skills
• Remote support of dental office technology implemented here at Community Dental Partners
• 5+ years’ experience working in IT field
• Proficient in Windows Domain deployments
• Support some or all aspects of LANs & WANs
• Install & configure routers, firewalls, switches (layer 2 & layer 3), and wireless access points
• Application Administration: Google, O365, Adobe, hPBX, etc.
• Experienced and comfortable with diverse hardware
• Excellent customer service skills: communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Attention to detail: punctuality, scheduling, & ticket documentation
• Ability to handle many tasks concurrently
• Experience with the following specific hardware and software: Dell Optiplex, PowerConnect, and PowerEdge lines, Ubiquiti Unifi, G Suite, Open Dental, Dexis, SiDexis, Trello, Podio, MS Dynamics Great Plains, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, VMware, Zendesk, Mitel
Note: The essential job functions of this position are not limited to the duties and descriptions listed above.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Our company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
INTERNAL ID CODE: