Reports to: Accounting Director
Key Partnerships: Support Center, Operations, Human Resources
Salary: $45,000.00 annually
About this role: The Payroll Specialist under the direction of the Accounting Director oversees the processing of the company
payroll for all concepts, and ensures accurate calculation of wages, tax withholdings, and company deductions.
● Manage payroll process timely and accurately for all employees in the corporate office and the dental offices including the preparation of payroll, check distribution, maintenance of earnings records, and other related functions.
● Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local tax coverage, deductions, minimum wage, reporting, and filing requirements.
● Maintain a calendar indicating scheduled pay dates, pay increases dates, and dates that require payroll deductions.
● Input payroll data into the HRIS such as time worked, overtime, bonuses, and adjustments including benefit deductions, personal, sick, vacation, garnishments, child support orders, tips, training, etc., and update master payroll records.
● Apply company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures.
● Simplify, automate, or outsource procedures within the department to facilitate the efficient processing of payroll data.
● Follow and implement changes in tax, deduction, and minimum wage requirements.
● Point of contact for employees with payroll-related questions.
● Point of contact for financial institutions to facilitate direct deposit, stop payments, lost or stolen checks, etc.
● Point of contact for payroll vendors to facilitate payroll processing, W-2 distribution, timely filing of reports and tax deposits, requests for special checks due to payroll errors, terminations, etc.
● Audit payroll registers for accuracy before it is final.
● Prepare periodical payroll-related reports, analyses, statements, and projections.
● Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Experience for a star candidate:
● Knowledge of payroll operations and Federal, State, and local payroll laws required
● Working knowledge of UKG is a plus.
● Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
● Audit and compliance experience preferred
● Experience managing multi-state payrolls and payroll tax
● New system implementation experience is considered a plus
● Ability to deliver high-quality customer service consistently in a professional manner
● Strong knowledge of payroll-related compliance and reporting requirements
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
● Excellent interpersonal, listening, and communication skills
● Effective team building capability and ability to guide, coach, and develop people
● Ability to manage the conflict/issue resolution process
● Ability to handle multiple customer requests/priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Aptitude:
Physical, Mental, and Special Demands:
Schedule and Location:
Monday- Friday - Hybrid Work Schedule (remote/onsite)
One Location- Support Center
CDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Community Dental Partners is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.